sábado, 22 de febrero de 2014

Different intelligences and the distance class.



A distance class is something completely new and different for me but I like it and is not that hard. I believe that my ability to keep my self concentrated with or without people is what help me. Also, I think that I have a good control of my emotions and that help me to avoid my organization and my order of priorities. In this case, I infer that I have a good organization ability but I don not feel that I am completely autonomous. I have a problem to decide myself to begin something, I can organize in a good way and make them accurate but I am indecisive or hesitative when beginning the work. I feel that in distance courses the student can feel lonely because it happened to my but it is only in the beginning until you get used to this new form.

I believe that any student can be effective in a distance course if they commit themselves to work in a responsible way. It is all about commitment to themselves to get more knowledge during the course. Also, in order to get a efficient distance class, we need a teacher that motivates in a correct form and help them commit in a comfortable manner. If the student get motivated he will not feel alone at any time and will be able to work comfortable and that will make him more efficient in his/her learning process.

Finally, in my experience a student must find the way to encourage himself and not to be hesitant. Having a good organization and compromise with the class will help him develop a good learning of his own. Also, as I said before, teacher should show the students that he is there and show them how approachable he can be. That way students will feel the motivation to make all their work, knowing they are not alone.

2 comentarios:

  1. Contrary to what you say, I believe that not everyone is capable of being successful in a distance class even if they commit. Some students are not autonomous and even if they try their best there will be challenges that they won't be able to surpass (and that's why most of them drop out).
    I don't think you are wrong, but I do believe regardless of effort the students need preparation, as well.

    ResponderBorrar
  2. I think that distance classes are for stusdents that want to participate in the learning process, but its a great responsability these types of classes, the students have o give 100%, but at the end its worth it.

    ResponderBorrar